Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity? The Municipality currently has vacancies on several recreation committees/boards as well as for the new Community Garden project. Please contact the Municipal Office (705-843-2033) or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Volunteers are needed for the following:
- Community Garden – Volunteers’ contact information will be forwarded to Councillor Debora Kirby, coordinator for the Community Garden project.
- Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) – currently 2 ratepayer vacancies, meets monthly or at the call of the Chair.
- Housing Advisory Committee – currently 4 ratepayer vacancies.
- Huron Shores Cemetery Board – currently 1 Ward 2 and 1 Ward 4 vacancies, meets quarterly or at the call of the Chair.
- Thessalon Twp. Recreation Committee – vacancies, meets at the call of the Chair.
- Sowerby Heritage Centre Committee – vacancies, meets at the call of the Chair.
- Iron Bridge Historical Museum Committee – up to 2 ratepayer vacancies, meets monthly, excepting November-January.