The North Channel Poverty Network and the OPP are spearheading the “Push for Change” initiative, a food/toy/clothes bank drive, from November 28th to December 9th. The goal is to collect non-perishable food items/hygiene items/toys/clothes to support the local food banks for those families in need this holiday season.
Suggested donation items are: Cereal, Crackers, Soup, Pasta, Sauce, School Snacks, Peanut Butter, Jam, Canned Fruit and Vegetables, Tuna, Salmon, Granola Bars, Personal Hygiene Products, Warm Coats/Mitts/Hats and New or Gently Used Toys.
Area Drop Off Sites are:
- Iron Bridge – Huron Shores Municipal Office, 7 Bridge Street (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Thessalon – OPP Detachment & North Channel Nurse-Practitioner-Led Clinic
- Bruce Mines – Tippy Canoe
- Echo Bay – North Channel Nurse-Practitioner-Led Clinic
- Additional locations may be announced.
For more information please visit www.thepushforchange.com