The 2017 Interim Tax Bills and the Municipality’s Spring Newsletter will be mailed out this week. Items of note in the newsletter include upcoming changes to the Waste Disposal and Recycling Program operations; the Roads Donation Program and Community Event Initiative Fund (CEIF); Emergency Preparedness Week; and a new option for paying property tax installments (See below).
Installments are due the final business days of March and May (the 31st). Payment may be remitted as follows:
- in person at the Municipal Office (cash or cheque only), Interac/Debit Card Service is not available.
- via Canada Post (cheque, traveller’s cheque, money order, etc.);
- electronically via your Canadian financial institution;
- the secure E-Payments portal on the Municipal Website (please note that a service fee will be charged by the provider). When paying please include your 19-digit roll number without any dashes (e.g. 5724000001135790000). Pay each tax bill individually. Allow two (2) business days to receive your account confirmation.
- COMING SOON! Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan. Staff are currently working through the process for this service. Watch huronshores.ca for details.
All payments MUST be in Canadian Funds ($$).
If you do not receive your tax bill, contact the Municipal Office (705-843-2033), to confirm the mailing address on file is correct. If your mailing address has changed please provide written notification to the Municipal Office immediately. Please click here to download a Change of Address Form. It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to ensure that payments are made in a timely manner, regardless of receipt of the tax notice.