The Municipality’s recreation committees and community organizations have been busy planning events for all ages this spring and into the summer:
- The Iron Bridge Recreation Committee hosts Family Fun Time! on Sundays from 2:00 – 4:00p.m. at the Iron Bridge Recreation Centre (1 Chiblow Lake Road). This program is assisted by funding from the North Channel Healthy Kids Community Challenge program. Family Fun Time will not be held on May 28 or June 4 as the Recreation Centre is booked for—
- The Biennial Quilt Show on May 27-28, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., hosted by the Iron Bridge Agricultural Society and the Huron Shores Quilters. Featuring Artist in Residence – Joni Newman. Admission of $7.00 includes your prize draw ticket. To register for one of the Daily Quilt Show Workshops contact Norma at 705-842-1229. Also featuring quilts to view and purchase; quilting, handicrafts and related supplies. Door Prizes and Demonstrations.
- Also on May 27th is the Annual Huron Shores ATV Fun Run; Registration starts at 8:00 a.m. The Run begins and finishes at the Gazebo in Little Rapids, 34 Little Rapids Road. The route will take you from Little Rapids to Wakomata Shores Resort for Lunch and return to Little Rapids for dinner at 6:00 p.m. Registration is $60/person & includes all meals as well as coffee and cinnamon buns in the morning! Pre-Register by phone to Audrey at 705-842-1779 prior to May 19. Prizes Galore! Hosted by the Little Rapids Recreation Complex Committee.
- The Huron Shores Public Library (10 Main Street, Iron Bridge) is hosting Family Time on May 30th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Activities, crafts, snacks and entertainment for families and children of all ages. Everyone welcome! The Library is open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- The Iron Bridge Recreation Centre will once again be the place to be on Saturday, June 3rd, for the Annual Flea Market from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Vendors’ Rental Fees are $10 for the 1st Table; $5/additional table. Call the Municipal Office to reserve your table (705-843-2033). Canteen and refreshments available. (Note: There is no Family Fun Time on Sunday, June 4, to allow for clean-up following the Flea Market)
- If that’s not enough for you on the weekends, there’s a Free Seniors’ Exercise Program on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Iron Bridge United Church (intersection of Highway 17 and Eley Road). Please bring your own water, wear comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear. Call Lisa for more info 705-356-2265 ext. 2482. Sponsored by Huron Shores Health Network.
- Watch for details about the Farmers’ Markets in Iron Bridge and Sowerby starting up in mid-June, the 2017 events planned for the Iron Bridge Historical Museum, the Thessalon Twp. Heritage Association’s Heritage Park Museum in Little Rapids, as well as the Annual Iron Bridge Music Fest on June 17, and the Iron Bridge Public School Reunion on Saturday, July 29.