The Municipal Office and all Waste Sites will be closed on Monday, August 6/18 for the Civic Holiday. The Waste Sites will be open as usual on Saturday, the 4th, from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday, August 8th, from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. The Office will re-open on Tuesday, August 7th, at 8:30 a.m.
There’s no shortage of things to do this long weekend:
- Blind River’s Rockin’ On the River
- Thessalon Community Days and Family Baseball Tournament
- Thessalon First Nation Pow Wow, and
- The Thessalon Township Heritage Association’s Annual Country Fair and Silent Auction on the Civic Holiday Monday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Heritage Park Museum in Little Rapids (2 Little Rapids Rd.)
- Weekly Farmers’ Markets at the Iron Bridge Historical Museum (1 James St.) and in Sowerby at the Historic Cordukes/Weber 12-Sided Barn (1410 Basswood Lk Rd.) on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Municipality reminds you that the Provincial Fire Restriction remains in effect: open air burning and fireworks are not permitted.
Council, staff and the Fire Department wish everyone an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend!