Equipment Operator – Public Works
(full-time position with benefit package)
Summary of Primary Duties:
Under the direction of the Public Works Superintendent:
- operates various types of municipal equipment (ie. grader, plow truck, backhoe);
- grading of roads in the summer season and snow removal in the winter season;
- completes duties, as assigned, of a manual nature (ie. brushing, digging, culvert and sign installations, debris removal, infrastructure maintenance, etc.);
- carries out routine maintenance and repairs of municipal vehicles and equipment.
- minimum Grade 10 education;
- minimum 2 years related equipment operating experience, with particular focus on grading and snow plow truck experience;
- minimum Class “D” Driver’s Licence with “Z” endorsement, “A” endorsement preferred;
- good driving record;
- sufficient mechanical ability to be able to perform preventative maintenance procedures and effect routine repairs to vehicles and equipment.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with on-call requirement from October 15 to April 15
Please submit a Letter of Interest, Resume and Application for Employment (found under the job posting at huronshores.ca) no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, December 6/19
to: Deborah Tonelli, Clerk/Administrator
Municipality of Huron Shores
P.O. Box 460
Iron Bridge, ON P0R 1H0
The Municipality of Huron Shores will make every effort to accommodate applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.