The Municipal Office is now accepting visitors by appointment only. The interior door remains locked to ensure all visitors meet entry requirements and physical distancing guidelines. The Municipal Office can accommodate only one visitor at a time, unless you reside in the same household. Staff will authorize your entry. If you have not made an appointment, you may be required to wait outside for service.
Prior to entry, you will be required to:
(1) Ensure you do not have symptoms of COVID-19, have not been in contact with someone who is sick or has contracted COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and have not returned from travel outside
Canada in the past 14 days.
Go home if you feel ill or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 and call Telehealth or your health care provider.
(2) Wear a mask or face covering;
(3) Use hand sanitizer; and
(4) Fill in and submit a visitor questionnaire to Office Staff. If you are unable, for any reason, to fill in the questionnaire on your own, staff will be happy to assist you. Submitted forms will be used solely for tracking purposes should a case of COVID-19 be reported.
Things to remember when donning a mask or face covering:
- Wash your hands before putting it on and immediately after taking it off;
- Make sure it fits well and covers your nose, mouth and chin;
- Change your face covering when it gets slightly wet or dirty and, if reusable, wash in hot water with detergent after each use;
- Dispose of single-use face coverings into a lined garbage bin and wash your hands.
DO NOT touch or move your face covering when wearing it;
DO NOT place a face covering children under the age of two years or on anyone who can’t take it off on their own;
DO NOT re-use face coverings that cannot be cleaned; and
DO NOT share the face coverings with others.
You are not required to wear a face covering if you have a medical condition that prevents you from safely wearing it.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation in following all Provincial and Algoma Public Health Orders and Guidelines.