The 2020 Final Property Tax Bills are being mailed out this week and included with your bill are the Fall Newsletter and 2019 Municipal Performance Measurement Program (MPMP) Report.
Tax payments may be made in 2 installments (Due Dates: September 30th and November 30th, the last business days of the month). The Municipality strives to ensure that all tax notices are mailed out on time and to the most recent address on the assessment roll. Address changes MUST be submitted to the office in writing. Please click here to view a Change of Address Form or visit the Treasury Department page for more information or contact the office directly at 705-843-2033 or email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to ensure that payments are made in a timely manner, regardless of receipt of the tax notice.
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Tax Payment Program: PAD is a voluntary program, authorizing your financial institution to make property tax payments on your behalf through automatic withdrawals from your bank account. The required application form is available at the Municipal Office, by clicking here, or by visiting the Treasury Dept. page of huronshores.ca.
- E-Payments: On-line property tax payment is available on the Home Page of huronshores.ca. To remit payments via this secure service, simply click on the bright red button, login, and set up your account by following the step-by-step instructions. When paying please include your 19-digit roll number without any dashes (e.g. 5724000001135790000). Pay each tax bill individually. Allow two (2) business days to receive your account confirmation. A fee will be charged by the provider for this service.
- Canadian Financial Institution: Payment may be remitted via your local financial institution branch, by telephone or on-line.
- In Person: Cash or cheques, in Canadian funds only, are accepted at the Municipal Office and can be left in the secured drop box located in the vestibule
- Interac/Debit Card: Interac/debit payments are now accepted at Municipal Office (upon appointment)
- Electronic Transfer Funds (EFT): EFT payments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Fall Newsletter & 2019 Municipal Performance Measurement Program (MPMP) Report:
The newsletter contains important notices for, among other items, election news, upcoming events and meetings, fire department news, waste site information, and office closures. The 2019 MPMP Report details the total 2019 costs for municipal services and compares them to the previous 2 years. Please click on the links below to view these documents.
2019 MPMP Report