MINOR OCCURRENCE REPORTING
The OPP’s online reporting tool has been created to report minor occurrences such as: theft, mischief to property, lost property and driving complaints. The online reporting tool can be accessed by anyone at www.opp.ca/reporting where each complaint is reviewed by an officer. Please provide a valid email, as certain online complainants may be contacted by an officer for follow-up information or questions. When reporting online, please include a narrative description of the occurrence.
If the minor occurrence cannot be reported online, please call the OPP toll-free number at 1-888-310-1122.
Use the online reporting tool or toll-free number to report, regardless of value:
- Lost/missing property
- Stolen license plates or validation stickers
- Theft from a vehicle
- Mischief to a vehicle
- Mischief (damage to property other than a vehicle, including graffiti)
- Driving Complaints (after the fact).
DO NOT use this system:
- If the occurrence is an emergency
- If the occurrence happened outside of OPP jurisdiction
- If there are any identifiable suspects
- If anyone was injured
- If the occurrence involves a weapon
- If the occurrence involves any damage to a motor vehicle due to an actual or apparent collision, including fail to remain collisions
- If the occurrence involves a break and enter to a place (e.g. unlawful entry and theft from a house, a building or a structure)
- If the occurrence involves drugs or gambling (including lottery tickets)
- If the occurrence involves a passport