Clerk’s Department personnel are: Clerk/Administrator Deborah Tonelli, AMCT; Deputy Clerk Natashia Roberts; Administrative Assistant Kelsey Nyman; Receptionist Kerry Joncas.
The Clerk’s Department administers all aspects of municipal government, implementing Council policies and directives. Responsibilities of the department include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise the services provided to Council and Committees, such as attending and providing support services to Council, standing Committees, and Committee of Adjustment. Oversee the preparation of agendas, minutes, reports, and all follow-up correspondence including the preparation of by-laws. The Clerk’s Department is responsible for channeling documents relating to Council to the appropriate source.
- Liaise between members of Council, the public, related associations, boards, other Municipal Departments, Regional departments and Provincial ministries with respect to all areas of responsibility.
- Manage the Corporation’s documents and records systems including the safekeeping, storage, gathering and supply of information in the custody of the Clerk’s Department.
- Ensure that Council-approved policies and procedures are observed and adhered to by all departments of the Corporation.
- Receive and review all documents submitted in response to requests pursuant to Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (M.F.I.P.P.A.) and determine severance of information, if necessary.
- Municipal Elections: the Clerk/Administrator is the Returning Officer for the Municipality, and as such is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the municipal elections pursuant to the provisions of the Municipal Elections Act.
- Receive and process applications relating to the Corporation’s land use policies (i.e. Official Plan and Zoning By-Law Amendments, Part lot Control, Site Plan Control, etc.) including the arrangement of public meetings, publication and circulation of information pursuant to Provincial legislation and regulations.
- Manage and administer the provisions of the Vital Statistics Acts and other activities of the Deputy Division Registrar, including the execution of cemetery deeds.
- Manage and oversee the Corporation’s canine control and licensing operations, including the negotiation of necessary amendments to the canine control contract.
- Manage the recruiting, hiring, equipping, training and assigning of staff and all related administrative functions.
- Commissioner of Oaths for affidavits, statutory declarations and municipal documents.