Municipality of Huron Shores – Ward 2
The Corporation of the Municipality of Huron Shores is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on municipal council. This councillor position represents Ward 2 (formerly The Corporation of the Townships of Day & Bright Additional). The successful applicant will fulfill the remaining term of office until November 30, 2014.
- a resident of the municipality or a non-resident owner or tenant of land in the municipality or the spouse of such a non-resident owner or tenant;
- a Canadian citizen
- at least 18 years old; and
- not disqualified by any legislation from holding municipal office.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit a letter (no resumés) expressing:
- interest in sitting on council;
- outlining any prior community and/or council involvement; and
- familiarity with municipal government and local issues.
Submit letters of interest to:
Deborah Tonelli, Clerk/Administrator
The Corporation of the Municipality of Huron Shores
P.O. Box 460, 7 Bridge St.
Iron Bridge, Ontario P0R 1H0
Letters of interest must be received by 4:30 pm Friday, October 21, 2011 for Council’s consideration.
Submitted letters will be subject to review at an open council meeting. Please note that information may be subject to Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information collected and used in accordance with this advertisement is for the purposes of councillor selection.