Are you having trouble with the website? Please read the information below. Post a question, concern or comment by replying at the bottom of this page if you are still having troubles.
Sitemap of pages and posts
The goal of this website is to provide user-friendly electronic access to Municipal Government information (e.g. by-laws, minutes, land-use planning, etc.), economic development opportunities, tourism information, event listings, and further serve as a public communications tool.
The website attempts to streamline the search for such things as public services, investment opportunities, tourist attractions/experiences, current business and property profile information. This site also allows for various municipal forms to be downloaded and an avenue for queries/comments/complaints to be directed to the Municipal Office.
It is our hope that the theme of this site promotes the Municipality with a friendly and professional feel, incorporating its agricultural, heritage and tourism activities.
This site attempts to provide easy access to municipal services, policies, publications, and programs.
How to Use
Register for E-Billing and make E-Payments
Are you having trouble viewing a tax bill or making a payment through our online portal ? eCommerce How To provides helpful instructions to register for e-billing and how to make e-payments.
Make It Bigger!
Are you having trouble reading the website content? The best way to make it bigger and easier to read is using your web browser’s functionality. It works the same in all major web browsers. You can:
- Go to the “File” or “View” menu, choose “Zoom” and increase it to more than 100%,
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key and press the “+” symbol. To make it smaller use “Ctrl” and the “-” symbol.
To check the weather look at the top right corner of the website banner. The Weather Network provides this weather bar free of charge. Use the little drop-down arrow in the weather bar widget to see the weather for Iron Bridge, Thessalon or Blind River.
Page Menu (blue)
The blue page navigation menu under the banner gives access to the pages of the website. When you hover over a page name in this menu it will show sub-pages. Sub-pages may also have more sub-pages nested under them so don’t stop hovering! Just click on a page name to go to that page.
Categories Menu (green)
The green category navigation menu immediately below the page menu shows blog categories that have at least one post in them. When you hover over a category name in this menu it will show sub-categories. Like pages, categories can also be nested with as many levels of sub-categories as needed – so keep hovering category names to find out if there is another level!
Sidebar (right side of screen)
The right sidebar is the same on every page and allows you to:
- Search the website for keywords or phrases – just enter the text and click on the Search button.
- Subscribe to get the latest updates. We use the MailChimp service to send out new posts to the blog. You can enter your email address to subscribe and get new posts sent by e-mail. E-mails are only sent when new posts are published, and you will not receive more than one e-mail per day. If multiple new posts are published on a day then they will all be sent in the same e-mail. Just enter your e-mail address, click Subscribe, and follow the instructions.
- See a slideshow of the latest posts. Just click on the image or text to go to the post. Use the arrows to go backwards or forwards between the posts.
- View a list of events coming up in the next couple of weeks. If an event has related information then clicking on the event link will take you there (e.g. to a post or external website) – if not then the link will just keep you where you are.
- A list of the ten most recent posts. Click on a post title to go and view it.
- A drop-down list of post categories with a count of posts in each category and the category hierarchy displayed. A parent category gives the total of all posts in its sub-categories.
- A drop-down list allowing you to view posts by the month and year they were published.
Pages versus Posts
Site “pages” are meant to hold information that is more static in nature, while the “posts” contain information that is dynamic and typically related to a particular time period (e.g. a post could be the release of an official document like a Financial Statement – it might also be a simple Community News announcement). A post can be assigned to one or more categories, and posts in a category will be displayed from newest to oldest.
The “Home” page of this website displays a “Welcome” post at the top that stays there all the time – a “sticky” post – and is then followed by the most recent posts. Look for the “Next Page >>” link at the bottom of this page to keep browsing older posts.
Click on the red title of a post to view the entire post and leave a comment if you wish.
How Do I Get My Event in the Events Calendar?
Just contact us with the date, time, event description, link to your website, and if you want a Community News post put on the website and we’ll get it added to the Events Calendar. This may take several days so make sure you contact us well ahead of the event date.