The Daigle House

Formally, known as The ‘Daigle House’, this abandoned house was located between Iron Bridge and Blind River (approximately 5 kilometres east of Iron Bridge) on the Mississagi River; but has been torn down due to safety concerns. The house was built by Alexander Daigle, from France, in the 1870’s. Alexander Daigle was one of the first settlers in the Iron Bridge area. The Daigle house was a popular stop for many exploring the area, as well as photographers.

Join the Mailing List

Subscribe to the Huron Shores mailing list. Receive periodic updates and announcements.